As implementation of TAF and TAP TSIs (TTT) more and more completes, the focus of reporting should be adapted accordingly. Hence, the current implementation reporting (Degree of Implementation (DI)) shall be gradually replaced by a new deployment reporting (Key Performance Indicators (KPI)). This will give a better overview of the real implementation and concentrate on the usage and quality indicators of the implemented functions.
The Implementation Reporting Group (IRG) was mandated by ERA to draft first ideas of specific KPI’s together with stakeholders and IT-providers. A set of 7 KPIs from 4 different TTT functions were chosen as first priorities:
- Primary and Subsidiary Location Codes (PLC/SLC)
- Common Interface Implementation (CI)
- Train Running Information (TRI)
- Rolling Stock Reference Database (RSRD)
The data will be provided by RailNetEurope (RNE) for PLC/SLC, CI, TRI and by International Union of Wagon Keepers (UIP) for RSRD.
Benefits for the NCP’s/NAE’s with the new KPI reporting:
- Better overview of the real usage of TTT tools and functions
- Less operational work, as the data collection is done directly by IT-systems and not by means of questionnaires
- NCP’s and NAE’s can actively participate in the development of the new KPI reporting and express their needs and wishes for specific KPI’s or KPI evaluations by countries, functions, or companies
The aim is to gradually replace the DI reporting by the KPI reporting.
More information is available in the TTT KPI Reporting Handbook, which you can download here. The TTT KPI Reporting Handbook is a general guideline for NCP’s, NAE’s, sector organizations, implementers, and data providers.